- October 8, 2019
- Posted by: mediasolutionslb
The scope of this project is to apply required changes to the available Aspen DMCplus controllers to support RTO in a gas plant. The RTO is provided by Honeywell (Profit Optimizer).
The changes to be done can be classified into two main categories:
- Addition of new CVs: new CVs re mostly duplicate CVs with external target enabled needs to be created to accept RTO targets
- Enabling External target in existing CVs: External target need to be enabled in existing CV to receive the RTO target.
- Collect MDL files corresponding to the DMCplus controllers from the client as well as the new Vector lists
- Modify the MDL files to add the new CVs specified by the client.
- Configure the settings of multiple CVS, specified by the client, and set the External targets conditions to support the RTO
- Unload the old DMCplus Controllers
- Upload the new modified Controllers and deploy them online
- Ensure a smooth-running linkage between the APC controllers and the RTO
- Prepare and sum up the FAT in the last week.
- Master’s in chemical engineering or an equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Advanced Process Controls – Aspentech DMC Plus/3
- Hands on experience using DMCplus for at least 3 different projects and achieved, especially with external targets configurations to support Honeywell Profit Optimizer
- Experience with OSIsoftPI especially connecting DCS through OPC (adding tags corresponding to the new CVs)