- June 29, 2022
- Posted by: devadmin
- Category: EMINews, Uncategorized
The Ministry of Health in Lebanon and UNICEF requested a monitoring alarm system to monitor the storage of the Pfizer vaccine at the central hub in Beirut which receives the Pfizer vaccine from overseas and distributes it to all hospitals in Lebanon. Haeir Biomedical Freezers were used by the hospital to store the Pfizer vaccine at a temperature of -75°C.
System requirements were as follows:
- Monitor the freezers storage and trigger an alarm when the temperature is outside the range of -65°Cto-80°C
- Send email notifications to specified email addresses
- Make a phone call based on an escalation list(this service is not offered by ControlbyWeb, but we used a third-party service)
- Store the data for the past three months
- Ability to graph the data in trends for data analysis
- Ability to export the data
The system was successfully installed in28May 2021 and it is still currently working as of today.
The system was composed from the following American made components:
- ControlbyWeb X-406: this Web-Enabled 1-Wire Multi-Bus Module has four 1-wire bus which makes the hardware wiring easier on the field. Up to 64 temperature/humidity sensors can be installed and connected to this device
- ControlbyWeb X-KTC-B-24-72K-type sensor: this calibrated K-type sensor has a sensing range from -200°Cto 1000°C
- ControlbyWeb X-TC1W-KThermocouple to 1-Wire Adapter: this adapter is installed in between the X-406 and the K-type sensor
The following images are of the installed system from site at Rafic Hariri University hospital in Beirut, Lebanon.