EMI is a Partner of Matrikon OPC and the exclusive distributor of its products in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and Lebanon, with engineering services across the Middle East and North Africa region. Matrikon OPC is the world’s largest developer of OPC servers, OPC Clients and OPC Drivers, built on a solid foundation of quality for over 20 years. Our Services include installation and configuration of Matrikon OPC products along with top quality training
What is OPC?
OPC is the Industrial standard for inter-connectivity
- OPC is a contract between pieces of software on the manner by which they share information.
- One piece is the client, it makes requests.
- The other piece is the server, it provides responses, usually on behalf of an external data source.
Most common OPC Specifications:
- Data Access 3.0 (Real-time)
- Historical Data Access 1.2
- Alarms and Events 1.1
- Security 1.0
Benefits of OPC
- Standardize on technology not product
- Best-of-breed solution
- Open connectivity
- Interfaces available from multiple vendors
- Easy to use
- Reduces your project costs!
OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA)
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Platform Independent
- Multi-Part Specification
- Types of communication
- Binary Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP)