WebRelay™ | Single Relay and Input Module
WebRelay is an electrical relay (or electrical switch) with a built-in web server. The relay can be turned on, off, or pulsed using a web browser. It has a long history of reliable operation in many applications including remote reboot, industrial control, security, and remote control and monitoring
WebRelay, can provide remote relay control in countless applications including pump and motor control, security lock systems, remote reboot, and lighting control. WebRelay’s powerful and flexible design make imagination its only limit.
WebRelay also has an optically isolated input that can be used to monitor the state of devices, control the relay, or control a remote relay somewhere else on the network. This feature is useful to extend the output of a PLC to another building or to allow a switch to control a device in another state.
Simply connect the relay contacts to the device to be controlled, and switch the relay on and off remotely using a web browser (see Figure 1).
WebRelay provides an optically-isolated input which allows you to monitor the state of a device or control the relay contacts by applying a voltage.
WebRelay can even be used without a computer (once setup is complete) by connecting two units together. This is done by connecting a switch or applying a control voltage to one unit, and connecting a second unit at a remote location to the device to be controlled.
Figure 2 illustrates how a PLC can control a motor in another building by using two units.
- No programming required
- Full control using a standard web browser or text-based XML messages
- Can operate as a Modbus/TCP slave
- Password protected
- 12A relay contacts
- ON/OFF or Pulsed relay modes
- Optically-isolated input uses:
- Relay control
- Remote relay control (peer-to-peer)
- Auto-Reboot controller mode for remote reboot of network devices
- Selectable TCP ports
- Removable terminal connectors included
- DIN rail or wall-mount
- Power supply options:
- POE and/or 9-28VDC
- Five-Year Warranty
WebRelay | Industrial
Digital input range of 4-26 VDC
Current: 12A 240VAC, 30VDC
Range: 4-26 VDC
WebRelay | POE (Power Over Ethernet, 802.3af compliant network)
POE with Digital input range of 4-26 VDC
Current: 12A 240VAC, 30VDC
Range: 4-26 VDC
POE and/or 9-28VDC*
WebRelay™ provides reliable remote relay control and discrete signal monitoring over any IP network. WebRelay, can provide remote relay control in countless applications including pump and motor control, security lock systems, remote reboot, and lighting control.
WebRelay’s powerful and flexible design make imagination its only limit.
- Control devices such as pumps, valves, motors, coils, etc. over the web or a local network.
- Turn lights on/off while using IP video cameras.
- Control electronic door locks and garage door openers.
- Monitor gates, doors, windows, etc.
- Home automation.
- Security applications
- Remotely reboot computers, servers, etc. (PDF)
- Connect a digital output of any PLC or industrial controller to the input of WebRelay to control another WebRelay device somewhere else on the network.
- Extend buttons and switches to control devices from a remote location.
- Connect a WebRelay unit to a door sensor at your office, factory, store, etc.
- X-WR-1R12-1I-I: 9-28VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I-E: POE and/or 9-28VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-I: 9-28VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I24-I: 9-28VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-E: POE Class 1 (0.44 to 3.84 Watt) or 5V±5%
- Max Current: 460mA Max
- Number of Relays: 1
- Max Voltage: 240VAC, 30VDC
- Max Current: 12A
- Contact Type: SPDT (Form 1C)
- Load Type: General Purpose
- Contact Resistance: < 30 milliohms initial
- Contact Material: AgSnO2
- Electrical Life: 100K cycles (Typical)
- Mechanical Life: 10M cycles (Typical)
- Environmental Rating: Over voltage Category II, Pollution Degree 2
- Relay Modes: ON/OFF or Pulsed
- Pulse Timer Duration: 0.1 to 86,400 Seconds (1-day)
- Number of Inputs: 1
- Type: Optically-Isolated
- Voltage Range:
- X-WR-1R12-1I-I: 4-26 VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I-E: 4-26 VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-I: 4-12VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I24-I: 11-26VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-E: 4-12VDC
- X-WR-1R12-1I-I: 950uA @ 4V, 8.5mA @ 26V
- X-WR-1R12-1I-E: 950uA @ 4V, 8.5mA @ 26V
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-I: 4mA @ 4V, 16mA @ 12V
- X-WR-1R12-1I24-I: 3.2mA @ 11V, 8.2mA @ 26V
- X-WR-1R12-1I5-E: 4mA @ 4V, 16mA @ 12V
- Minimum Hold Time: 62.5mS
- Input Isolation: 1500V
- Input Functions: Monitor, Local Relay Control, Remote Relay Control
- Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port
- Relay: 3-Position Removable
- Power/Input: 5-Position Removable
- Network: 8-pin RJ-45
- Number of LEDs: 4
- Digital input voltage applied
- Relay coil energized
- Network linked
- Network activity
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 135°F (-40°C to 57°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non condensing
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 5 oz (142 grams)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- HTTP, XML, Modbus TCP/IP
- Password protection on setup page: Yes
- Password protection on control page: Optional
- Password Encoding: Base 64
- Password Length: 10 Characters
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24
- EU EN55024, EN55022
- FCC 47CFR15 (-I Models class B, -E POE Model Class A)
Product Safety Compliance
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use) – Models: X-WR-1R12-1I-I and X-WR-1R12-1I-E
WebRelay Users Manual (PDF) (Rev: 4.1. 6.3 MB)
WebRelay Quick Start Guide (PDF) (Rev: 4.0. 0.3 MB)
Archived Users Manuals
Guides & Brochures