X-13s™ | Thermocouple Expansion Module
X-13s Thermocouple expansion module with two thermocouple sensors can be monitored over the internet with an X-400 or X-600M controller.
The X-13s Thermocouple Expansion Module is 2-channel signal conditioner for Type-K thermocouples that is used with an X-400 or X-600M controller. It is ideal for applications where extreme temperature measurement is required, or where using thermocouple for temperature measurement is just the best fit. Thermocouples are readily available in many shapes and sizes and come in a variety of packages for countless applications.
One or more X-13s thermocouple expansion modules can be connected to an X-400 or X-600M control module with a ribbon cable. The ribbon cable provides both power and communications to the module.
The X-400 or X-600M together with the X-13s provides an easy, flexible and reliable way to monitor temperature over a network. The X-13s is suitable to use with freezers, ovens, fermenters, generators – anywhere precision, rugged, temperature sensors are required.
Other expansion modules with different I/O combinations are also available.
X-113 Part Number
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUTS||INPUTS||POWER SUPPLY|
|X-13s-K||N/A||Thermocouples: 2||9-28 VDC (supplied via the X-400 or X-600M controller, 24V recommended)|
- 2-Channel thermocouple inputs
- Type K Thermocouples
- Range -200°C to +1250°C
- Two “Open Thermocouple” Channel LEDs
- Powered through expansion bus – no separate power supply connections are required
- Great for moderate-load applications including:
- and much more..
- Voltage: 9-28 VDC (supplied via the X-400 or X-600M controller, 24V recommended)
- Max Current: See table below for typical values at 25°C.
|Power Supply||All Thermocouples Open||All Thermocouples Good|
|9 VDC||49 mA||17 mA|
|12 VDC||37 mA||13 mA|
|24 VDC||20 mA||8 mA|
- Number of channels: 2 Channels
- Thermocouple: Type-K
- Linear Range: -200°C to 1250°C
- Operating Ambient: -40°C to 85°C (internal cold junction compensation)
- Resolution: 0.027°C
- Drift: 4ppm/°C typical, 15ppm/°C max
- Type: Inputs are not isolated, only use ungrounded thermocouples
- Input Current: Differential, ±165nA max
- Error Detection Detects sensor breakage or disconnection of lead wire
- Type: Miniature size, Omega PCC-SMP Series, Type-K
- Mating Connector: Miniature size, SMP
- Expansion Connector: Ribbon cable, 10-conductor, polarized, 2×5-position, 0.100″ pitch Provides power and communications for expansion modules (Communications: RS-485)
- Number of LEDs: 3
- Power on
- “Open Thermocouple (Channels 1-2)
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 4.8 oz (136 g)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.5°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Humidity: 5-95%, non-condensing
- Altitude: Up to 2,000m
- Indoor use or NEMA-4 protected location
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24
- FCC 47CFR15 (Class B)
- EN55024 ITE Immunity (2010)
- EN55022 Emissions (2010)
Product Safety Compliance
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use)