X-317™ | Analog Output Module
Each channel can be programmed to output a voltage or current; however, unlike most PLCs, the X-317 is designed for web-based applications from the ground up.
The X-317™ is a web-enabled analog output module with five output channels. The analog outputs are similar to that of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). However, unlike a PLC, the X-317 is designed for web-based applications from the ground up. No add-on software or hardware is required. The X-317 can be fully configured, programmed and tested using its built-in web server. The web setup pages are intuitive and easy-to-use and do not require special programming skills.
The X-317 can be used as a stand-alone device as well as operate as a peripheral for other devices such as a programmable logic controller (PLC) or the X-600M™.
The X-317 has five precision 16-bit digital to analog converters (DACs). Each channel can be programmed for 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V, 4-20mA ranges. The voltage and current outputs for each channel are on a single connector terminal.
Most industrial analog applications require isolation between the power supply and analog outputs. The X-317 has a built-in DC-DC converter for providing isolated power to the outputs. No external isolated back plane power is needed.
The built in web setup pages allow the name and settings for each channel to be configured. You can configure the range of a setting to be in engineering units. For example, an input value of 0 to 100% can be scaled and processed for an output range of 4-20mA to control a damper motor.
- Built with:
- Industrial grade components
- High-reliability SLC flash
- Transient protection
- Watchdog timers
- Voltage supervisor circuitry, etc.
- Five separate analog output channels
- 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V, 4-20mA output ranges
- Outputs are software configured, independently programmable and scalable
- Built-in isolated DC-DC converter
- Wide power supply range (9-28VDC)
- No special software or device drivers required
- Built-in password protected web setup and control pages
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- XML and Modbus/TCP
- Field updatable
- Removable terminal connector
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
Damper Motor – Slave Device
The following illustration demonstrates how the X-317 can be used as a slave device with the X-600M or a PLC to control a damper motor.
Conveyor Motor – Stand-Alone Device
The illustration below demonstrates an X-317 connected to a variable frequency drive which is then connected to a motor on a conveyor belt.
X-317 Part Number
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUTS||INPUTS||POWER SUPPLY|
- Voltage: 9-28VDC
- Max Current: (table)
10 Mbps Network Speed
|Power Supply||Outputs = 0V||Outputs = 20mA|
|9 VDC||210 mA||404 mA|
|12 VDC||162 mA||298 mA|
|24 VDC||92 mA||163 mA|
100 Mbps Network Speed
|Power Supply||Outputs = 0V||Outputs = 20mA|
|9 VDC||302 mA||498 mA|
|12 VDC||229 mA||368 mA|
|24 VDC||126 mA||198 mA|
- Number of channels: 5 (Individually configurable)
- Output Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V, 4-20mA (software selectable)
- Resolution: 16-bit DAC (0-65535)
- Linearity Error: ±1-count, monotonic DAC
- Current Output (Voltage Mode): 10mA max (min load = 1K), 30mA max short circuit
- Voltage Output Inaccuracy: ±0.2% FSR includes offset error, gain error and non-linearity error, -40 to 65°C
- Max Load Capacitance: 20nF (no load), 5nF (1K load)
- Current Output Range: 4-20mA
- Current Output Inaccuracy: ±0.2% FSR includes offset error, gain error and non-linearity error, -40 to 65°C
- Output Compliance Voltage: 11.50V min (max loop voltage)
- Isolated Power Supply: Internal DC-DC converter
- Isolation: Galvanic, 1500 VAC
- ESD Protection: Integrated 15kV protection (IEC61000-4-2)
- Output Protection: Integrated over-temperature, open-line and short circuit protection
- Output Alarms: Open current loop, high internal temperature
- Load Type: Grounded, COM of all 5-channels are connected together
- Output at power up: Programmable
- Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port
- Setup: Static IP address assignment or DHCP, HTTP port selectable
- All user settings are stored in nonvolatile memory. Settings will not be lost when power is disconnected.
- Power, & Outputs: 12-Position, 3.81mm terminal spacing, Removable. For 16-28 AWG wire.
- Network: 8-pin RJ-45
- Number of LEDs: 8
- Power on
- Fault condition (channels 1-5)
- Network linked
- Network activity
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.5°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 4.8 oz (136 g)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- HTTP, XML, Modbus TCP/IP
- Password protection on setup page: Yes
- Password protection on control page: Optional
- Password Encoding: Base 64
- Password Length: 13 Characters
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24
- FCC 47CFR15 (Class B)
- EN55024 ITE Immunity (2010)
- EN55022 Emissions (2010)
Product Safety Compliance
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use)