X-405™| Web-Enabled Temperature and Humidity Module
The X-405 is a rock solid drop-in temperature and/or humidity monitoring solution.
A Simple Solution for Temperature and Humidity Monitoring
The X-405™ is a fully-featured, web-enabled temperature and humidity module that targets industrial applications.
Monitor and log up to 16 sensors.
No software required, no programming necessary, and no subscription to buy.
Reliable Wired Solution
Simple. Reliable. Five-Year Warranty.
Custom Email/Text Alerts
Record Temperature/Humidity History
Monitor Temperature and Humidity from the Web
Applications – Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The X-405 is perfect for thousands of temperature and humidity applications. Here are just a few examples:
Greenhouse Monitoring – Large Distributed System
The X-405 can also be used with other ControlByWeb products for larger applications. Using the peer-to-peer communication, The X-405 can share temperature data with other controllers in other parts of the building.
The following illustration shows the X-405 communicating with the X-410. With both PoE enabled modules, you have complete control over greenhouse environment from anywhere in the world.
Freezer Temperature Monitoring
Monitor freezer temperatures remotely from your computer or mobile device and receive custom high/low email alerts.
X-405 Basic Applications
Using the X-405, you can monitor equipment and machinery in different areas, and be alerted if the temperature gets too high.
Outdoor Temperature Monitoring
The X-405 can be configured to send user-defined alerts based on temperatures recorded from the sensors connected directly to the module.
- 1-Wire Bus for up to 16 sensors (temperature, humidity, etc.)
- Monitor,log, and control up to 32 remote modules, or up to 100 I/O
- User Permissions: Admin, Manager, User
- 50 Scheduled
- 50 Conditional
- 20 Override Schedules
- Send email alerts based on user-defined conditions (supports encrypted email servers, such as Gmail)
- Real-Time Clock with NTP server synchronization
- Automatic daylight savings and leap year adjustment
- No software required
- Customizable web-based Control Page
- BASIC script support for advanced flexibility
- Configurable logging
- Graphing (logged data)
- HTTPS/TLS encrypted
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Modbus, SNMP, Remote Service, IP Filtering
- Field updatable
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
X-405 Part Numbers (Differences highlighted in green)
|PART NUMBER||INPUTS/OUTPUTS||SPECIAL FEATURES||POWER SUPPLY|
|X-405-I||Temp: Up to 16 sensors.||Task builder, email daily log file, add 100 I/O on up to 32 Remote I/O Modules||9-28 VDC|
|X-405-E||Temp: Up to 16 sensors.||Task builder, email daily log file, add 100 I/O on up to 32 Remote I/O Modules||POE and/or 9-28 VDC|
- X-405-I: 9-28 VDC
- X-405-E: POE and/or 9-28 VDC
- Max Current: 134mA
- Maximum Number of Sensors: 16
- Type: Digital 1-Wire (Maxim Semiconductor DS18B20)
- Temperature Range: -67°F to 257°F (-55°C to +125°C)
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C (from -10°C to +85°C)
- Sensor Functions: Monitor Temperature, Log Temperature, Email Alerts, SNMP Traps
- Humidity Type: Xytronix Model X-DTHS-P sensor
- Humidity Range: 0-100% RH
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Max Cable Length: 600 feet (180m) maximum combined cable length
- Manual or NTP(Network Time Protocol) setup
- NTP Sync Period: Once, Daily, Weekly, On Powerup
- Auto Daylight Savings Adjustment
- Battery (capacitor) Power Backup
Capacitor Power Backup
- Backup Functions: Retain Real-Time Clock, 1 Register, 2 Counters, 4 Relay States
- Backup Duration: 2 week minimum
- Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port
- Setup: Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Power and 1-Wire Bus: 5-Position, 3.81mm terminal spacing, Removable. For 16-28 AWG wire.
- Network: 8-pin RJ-45
- Number of LEDs: 3
- Power on
- Network linked
- Network activity
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.5°C)
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 5 oz (142 grams)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, XML, Modbus TCP/IP, SNMP V1,2C,V3, SMTP
- Log File Size: 3,072-Kbyte (up to 50,688 logs)
- Storage: Nonvolatile Flash
- Buffer Architecture: Circular Buffer
Log data can be periodically stored on a computer via FTP or email.
- Task Builder
- BASIC interpreter (up to 4-Kbytes script file size)
- Remote services
- Password Length: 6-18 Characters
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24
- EU EN55024, EN55022
- X-405-I: FCC 47CFR15 (Class B)
- X-405-E: FCC 47CFR15 (Class A)
Product Safety Compliance
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use)