X-418™ | Web-Enabled, Multi-Function 8-Channel Analog Input Module
The X-418 features 8 analog-to-digital inputs and a built-in web-server for remote access and monitoring anywhere in the world!
Unlimited Possibilities for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The X-418™ is a fully-featured, Ethernet module with an 8-channel, 16-bit, analog data acquisition system. Configure each channel as a single-ended or differential input.
Monitor and log sensors connected to the analog inputs using the X-418’s intuitive web interface.
It can be controlled and/or monitored over any TCP/IP network including private networks, IP-based industrial control networks, and the Internet.
8 Analog Inputs (Multi-Function)
Ranges: ±1.28V, ±2.56V, ±5.12V, ±10.24V, 4-20mA
The X-418 features an eight-channel, 16-bit, analog data acquisition system. Each channel is configurable for single-ended or differential inputs.
Programmable voltage ranges include; ±1.28V, ±2.56V, ±5.12V, and ±10.24V. Four of the channels can be configured for 4-20mA operation. The 4-20mA mode enables a precision internal shunt resistor and configures the A/D for ±5V operation.
Monitor industrial sensors, wind direction sensors, pyranometers, pressure transducers, and much more.
Peer-to-Peer Communication (P2P)
Monitor and Control up to 100 I/O
The X-418 supports peer-to-peer communication between ControlByWeb modules. It communicates with up to 32 modules and allows you to monitor and control up to 100 I/O points. The X-418 can communicate with all ControlByWeb devices* but offers instantaneous messaging between X-400 Series products, this means that the X-418 can monitor and control I/O on other X-400 Series products as if it was directly connected to the module.
*Does not communicate with the X-600 series products
The X-418’s built-in interface allows you to create custom “Tasks” for simple and advanced control logic.
Easily create tasks based on inputs or outputs’ status. Create up to three actions for each task providing you with the ultimate control and monitoring solution for your application!
Create up to 50 Scheduled, 50 Conditional, and 20 Override Schedules.
The X-418 also has a built-in BASIC interpreter for more advanced or custom applications not achievable through the Task Builder system.
Conditional tasks are triggered depending on an input’s or output’s status.
Conditional tasks are commonly used for creating email/text alerts, controlling outputs, and logging.
Scheduled tasks perform actions at preset times on specific days.
Scheduled tasks are commonly used to log I/O data at a specified time, or to control digital outputs.
The X-418 contains a BASIC script interpreter. This allows you to create scripts that calculate analog parameters or create advanced control logic.
The X-418 offers the ability to log a variety of data points such as local and remote I/O, registers, and voltage. Log entries can be made at preset intervals, scheduled times, triggered by I/O changes or logic events.
Schedule a daily log file to be sent via email or uploaded via FTP server.
Graph the current log file and view the I/O’s status over time.
Other Advanced Features
The X-418 has more advanced features such as the ability to initiate a connection to remote servers, BASIC programming, admin/manager/user permissions, etc.
The X-418 supports HTTPS connections, can send encrypted emails, can communicate with remote devices using TLS.
Monitor and Control Page
Users access the X-418 through a built-in web page, called the Control Page. The Control Page can be customized by administrators.
Use the Control Page to:
- Control (On, Off, or Pulse):
- Digital Outputs
- Monitor status of:
- Digital Inputs
- Analog inputs
- 1-Wire sensors
Optionally, the Control Page can be password protected for additional security.
The X-418 supports three types of users that provide different levels of access to the module’s settings and Control pages. Each user type has a unique password and is configured by the administrator in the setup pages.
Full access to all Settings, Tasks, and Control Page.
Access to Scheduled Tasks and Control Page.
Access to Control Page only.
Applications – Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The X-418 is a simple, but powerful Ethernet I/O module for large and small IIoT applications which require simple or advanced control logic. A select few of the many X-418’s IIoT applications include:
Potentiometer Position Sensor Monitoring
The following illustration shows the X-418 module monitoring a potentiometer sensor using its built-in web pages.
Other IIoT Applications
Using a transformer, monitor and log A/C line frequency using the X-418 module.
Monitor and log temperature and/or humidity on the X-418 module.
- Eight analog inputs: ±1.28V, ±2.56V, ±5.12V, ±10.24V, 4-20mA
- Built-in web server for configuration and remote monitoring (HTTPS supported)
- Control, monitor, and log 32 remote modules, or up to 100 I/O
- User Permissions: Admin, Manager, User
- 50 Scheduled
- 50 Conditional
- 20 Override Schedules
- Send email alerts based on user-defined conditions (supports encrypted email servers, such as Gmail)
- Real-Time Clock with NTP server synchronization
- Automatic daylight savings and leap year adjustment
- Highly configurable – Almost any combination of input/relay control possible
- No software required
- Customizable web-based Control Page
- BASIC script support for advanced flexibility
- Graphing (logged data)
- HTTPS/TLS encrypted
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Modbus, SNMP, Remote Service, IP Filtering
- Field updatable
- Removable 14-Terminal connector for easy installation
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
X-418 Part Numbers (Differences highlighted in green)
|PART NUMBER||INPUTS||POWER SUPPLY|
|X-418-I||Analog: 8||9-28 VDC|
|X-418-E||Analog: 8||POE and/or 9-28 VDC|
- Voltage: 9-28 VDC
- X-418-E: POE and/or 9-28 VDC
- Max Current: 152mA Max (See users manual for typical values at 25°C)
- Number of Inputs: 8
- Resolution: 16-bit, SAR
- Type: Single-ended, differential, 4-20mA (0-20mA), or a combination
- Input Range: ±1.28V, ±2.56V, ±5.12V, ±10.24V, 4-20mA
- Max Input Voltage (Vin): -12.5V < Vin < +12.5V
- Input Impedance (Zin): > 500Meg Ohm
- Channel Off Leakage: ±0.6nA (typ)
- Input Common Mode Rejection: >100dB
- Total Unadjusted Error: -9LSB (min), +9LSB (max)
- Voltage Reference Drift: ±5 ppm/°C
- Internal 4-20mA input shunt: 200-ohm, ±0.1%, 25ppm (uses ±5.12V range)
- Logging Rate: 25 Hz
- Manual or NTP(Network Time Protocol) setup
- NTP Sync Period: Once, Daily, Weekly, On Powerup
- Auto Daylight Savings Adjustment
- Battery (capacitor) Power Backup
Capacitor Power Backup
- Backup Functions: Retain Real-Time Clock, 1 Register, 2 Counters
- Backup Duration: 2 week minimum
- Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port
- Setup: Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Power and Inputs: 14-Position, 3.81mm terminal spacing, Removable. For 16-28 AWG wire.
- Network: 8-pin RJ-45
- Number of LEDs: 3
- Power on
- Network linked
- Network activity
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.5°C)
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 5 oz. (142 g)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, XML, Modbus TCP/IP, SNMP V1,2C,V3 protocols
- Log File Size: 3,072K (up to 50,688 log entries depending on configuration)
- Storage: Nonvolatile Flash
- Buffer Architecture: Circular Buffer
Log data can be periodically read and stored on a computer
- Task Builder
- BASIC interpreter
- Remote services
- Password Length: 6-18 Characters
- Electromagnetic Compliance:
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24, EU EN55024, EN55022
- X-418-I: FCC 47CFR15 (Class B)
- X-418-E: FCC 47CFR15 (Class A)
- Product Safety Compliance:
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use)